Saturday, February 16, 2008

Last night

I finally saw Sweeney Todd and… I wasn’t that impressed actually. Parts of it I liked but when the movie was over I wasn’t happy. Helena was great and so was actually Sacha Baron Cohen which I didn’t really expect. But this movie was supposed to be GREAT and I was like, “Whatever…” when it was suddenly over. Think I’ll have to wait until there’s a Burton film I truly like. When I first heard he was making “Alice in wonderland” I was thrilled but I heard some rumor that it would be made with the same way that Beowulf was made with and I think it’s so ugly and I really don’t get the point. And I hope I’m wrong about it and I also hope I’m wrong that the remake of Frankenweeine will be made in the same way. So what is there to look forward to?

And I also remember why I don’t like to go to the movies… everyone clapping and cheering during the movie and getting forced out of your seat because someone needs to go to the bathroom over whatever. There were also the constant noise of candy wrappers and such, surely they realize how loud they were but I guess they didn’t care. This evening it was also freezing in the theatre which I somehow had predicted and I brought a hoodie along but it was so cold I ended up putting my gloves on.

No comments: