Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sid & Nancy

It’s London and the year is 1977, year of punk and Sex Pistols. I want to be impressed, I want to say that I was glued to the screen but I’m not impressed at all, even Gary managed to disappoint me at times.
(I like this shot)

Gary at the time is 28 and he’s playing 20 year old Sid Vicious, he’s good but not in every scene. Gary is the best thing in this movie and it’s fun to see him in the silly underwear. He apparently ended up in hospital because he lost too much weight when he prepared for the role.

(Nice little pants on a skinny Gary. Do you think that chick looks like she's 20?)

Courtney Love auditioned for the part as Nancy and I think she should have got it. I think she would have done a great job, she wouldn’t have to act that much, just pretend her name is Nancy; she’d be outstanding! She instead got the part of Gretchen and has like two three line and looks surprised most of the time (and is barely recognizable, she has had A LOT of surgery done, and her daughter Francis looks just like her).

(Courtney looking fresh as a daisy like usual)

Instead of Courtnet we have Chloe Webb as Nancy and who goes, “Ahhhhg” a lot. Nancy was only 20 when she died and Chloe is 30 but she looks at least 50. Her voice/accent is… At first I thought she was British and doing an awful American accent but apparently she’s an American.

(A nice shot of Chloe Webb)

Johnny Rotten wasn’t at all impressed with this movie, called it “the Peter Pan version” and I would too if I had such a lame actor portray me and the lip-sync is horrible.

Sid & Nancy at imdb

Best thing in the movie: Gary, dressed in black… Hm, I think I’ll buy a lot of black clothes this winter.

No comments: