Monday, September 15, 2008

Two dreams about owls

I dream the other day that there was an old in our oak on the back and I tried to get a photo of it but something was always getting in the way and people didn’t seem to understand why I wanted to take a picture of it and were not helpful at all.

Then two days ago I dreamt was walking on the hill behind our old place along with my childhood friend when suddenly an owl swopped down, a very clumsy landing and I rushed to get my camera, when I came back there were only two eagles there and I got upset for missing the opportunity to get an owl on camera.

According to Dream Moods A-Z
Owl: To see an owl in your dream, symbolizes wisdom, insight and virtue. The owl is also synonymous with death and darkness.

To hear the hoot of an owl, denotes disappointments and forewarns that death creeps closely in the wake of joy and health.

Picture: To dream that you are taking a picture, suggests that you need to get a good understanding and gain more information on some issue. You need to focus more attention to some situation or relationship. Perhaps you feel that you need to recapture some past moments in a relationship.

I don’t think my owl in my dreams has anything to do with wisdom or darkness, I like owls. Sure it’s getting darker now but… if I was thinking about the fact that it’s getting darker wouldn’t I just dream that? Owls to me does not symbolize death or darkness, they are a cool bird that I have never seen in real life (other than at a zoo). And taking pictures is something that I wish I was better at.

Sure it could be, if I really want to believe in this, about my newly found hypochondriac side where I think I have some kind of illness. I took me awhile before I realized that it was my rib and not a lump in my chest… But you can always make things fit if you really want it too.

No comments: