Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday = Veggieday

It was so funny because I was thinking of Sarahs comment to my diet and thought, ”Okay, maybe I can make Sundays into Sarahdays” but then when I check her blog she had posted that Mondays are veggieday. Unfortunately I had already eaten a chicken when I saw it so I’ll start next week. I think I’ve tried everything in my veggie cookbooks and nothing is good, well fine the chocolate chip cookies are great and the tomato sauce for the pizza is okay but that’s it.

Hm… so I better start planning for Monday. I wish there was a pill I could just take and I got all the things I needed and didn’t have to care about getting everything I need in me. Just a little pill… There’s always things that makes me nauseous in veggie recipes and if I remove that item all that’s left is like, stock, leek, herbs and garlic, doesn’t sound like meal to me.

4 comments:

Shalyn said...

What is it that makes you nauseous?

Shelly said...

It would be easier to answer what doesn’t make me nauseous… A lot of cooked vegetables, any green vegetables like peas, cabbage, asparagus. There’s a lot, never liked food to be honest.

xo.sorcha.ox said...

Hmm. This is certainly one hell of a challenge I've taken upon myself! Haha. :)
How are your Veggie Mondays coming along? Have you made anything you like? Have you discovered new things that you *dont* like?
What foods *do* you like? If you let me know I am sure I can come up with some recipes that you'll just love. :)
(I'm so very determined to make this work!)
Love ~S. xo

Shelly said...

No, it’s not going all that well. Yeah, it’s really a difficult challenge but if you succeed there’s nothing you can’t do.

Before I started eating again (what a strange sentence) I didn’t get hungry that often but now when I have started to eat regularly I get hungry every day and the potato soup I had was just not enough.

I don’t really like cooked veggies, I like them fresh. The majority of green veggies is not on my list I’m afraid. I eat lettuces, cucumber, leek and I think that’s it with the green veggies. I can’t stand peas, beans or lentils.

Best veggie food is probably sandwiches and salads so that everything is fresh and crunchy.

Feels like I’ve tried most things. Sure, I have not eaten an artichoke but just the smell of it makes me sick, ew.