Saturday, May 9, 2009

Aw…

Finished “Pride and Prejudice” last night and it was so… dreamy! I want a white muslin gown and take a walk in the garden with a perfect gentleman and later have tea in front of a fire and discuss the day with my beloved sister (too bad I don't have one). Analyzing people’s character &c, while embroidering a cushion.

My favorite character was probably Mr Bennet, seems like such a sweetheart and I love his humor. But Mr Bingley was adorable too, such a puppy.

I’ll read more Austen real soon and I’ll read them in chronological order so next in line is Mansfield Park. And I’ll finish with “Sense and Sensibility” since that was the first book I read but in Swedish and hated every minute of it so I hope it will be better this time.

Picture found here

1 comment:

xo.sorcha.ox said...

I'm reading P&P at the moment too, only for the 5th time, or something like that. No surprises that my copy is well-worn! Next up for me is Persuasion, which is an Austen novel I've not yet read, so I'm really looking forward to it. :) It was going to be Mansfield Park, but when I put together my winter reading list I changed my mind last minute.
~S. xo