Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Wolfman

I have not been watching all that many movies lately, and my horror movie challenge is… well I stared watching “Körkarlen” and it’s really boring so the whole thing is on ice at the moment, maybe I have to change that movie to something else…

Anyway… haven’t seen the original “The Wolf Man” but I did read a script for the one with Benico and I really really hope it was an early draft that has been changed A LOT because it was sort of crap. Oh and I don’t like when they toss in real characters in movies and it seems like Inspector Abberline is in the movie. Why? Is there a reason? I remember when I read the script and it said “London 1888” and went, “Okay, so that means Jack the Ripper will appear…” and he did...

When I read the script some parts had a “Sleepy Hollow” vibe about them and it turns out that Andrew Kevin Walker has been working on this script as well.

Oh, I have to go and make some more tea before I start watching the movie… made I’ll find some snacks as well…

Name: The Wolfman
Country: UK/America
Tea: Rhubarb
Snack: Limpa with caviar on it.
Expectations: I like Benico and I like Emily and it’s Victorian times which I like. Hopefully there will be nice sets and costumes; I have more hope about the clothes being pretty than the movie being good.

Golem makes a little cameo, cute…

Thank God they changed the part when he (the werewolf) gets attacked by a crocodile and the wolves running around in London. Why are wolves always such weird psycho animals in movies? In the script I read the werewolf lets the wolves out from the cage at the zoo (after he’s been attack by a Nile crocodile) and the wolves just starts to hunt people in the streets, why? In “Day after tomorrow” the wolves also become weird killing machines; I just doesn’t make sense to me.

I must say that the movie, towards the end becomes a little tiresome for me. It would have been better if it was all taking place on the moors or in London, but if it was in London I would rather have followed the detectives work instead of the werewolf. Two hours is too much.

Best thing in the movie: Garden, houses and of course the topiary!

No comments: