Friday, April 3, 2009

More books read

Finished “Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging” and… no wonder you read headlines about thirteen year old British kids pregnant with their second child. A lot of sex and stupid kids.

Read another book by Sonya Hartnett even though I didn’t like the first one I read. This time it was “The devil Latch” and I just didn’t get it.

Then it was a very annoying book called, “Star-crossed” by Rachael Wing. At first I thought it took place in American and though, “Why don’t they have a car” but apparently it takes place in England (I think). Apparently she was only sixteen when she wrote it and that’s pretty impressive. I didn’t like it at all though, silly and an idiotic leading lady, and the most annoying thing is, it’s written in second person aka “You”, like in “You walk down the hall”. It’s very frustrating to read because I’m not a moron and it says, “You” all the time, like I would run out into the road without looking? There’s lots of “I love you.” And “Father, I can’t stop thinking about her. She’s the love of my life” and when 15-16 year olds talk like that I just don’t buy it.

What else did I read… oh, Swedish book called Anna d’Arc by Mårten Sandén which means, Anna of Arc like in Joan of Arc. Another of these books I just don’t understand the point of. The most interesting twist is left unsolved.

No comments: