Monday, January 25, 2010

Mansfield Park X 2

Managed to read the book and see the movie (2009). No matter which of the two you pick first the second will be a surprise because they’ve changed a lot from the book. If I had seen the movie first I would have expected the book to be better… not that the movie was good. They have changed big things like a no to yes, I hope I don’t give too much away here… The leading lady, Fanny Price is two different people. The movie is actually based not only on the book but also on Jane Austens letters which give Fanny a lot more spunk than she has in the book.

If you can only pick one way to experience Mansfield Park I would pick the movie simply because it’s faster to watch it than to read it.

On to Emma soon in my little Jane Austen experience and I loved that Sarah gave away a copy of “Pride and Prejudice” so I said I would steal that idea and I did. I have a spanking new copy of Emma (but I think someone sat on the package though…). All you need to do is to leave a comment and by the end of the month (or when there is more than one comment, which is more likely the case) I will pick a name and see who wins.

UPDATE: Due to Sarahs nice little promo the last day to sign up will be February 28 and Mars 1 I will pick a winner. And I hope it inspires more people to give away books.

3 comments:

xo.sorcha.ox said...

I dont need a copy of EMMA, but what a lovely idea! I'm going to promote your giveaway at my LJ & Blog when I get a moment to upload an entry!
~S. xo

Anonymous said...

OK, I read about this through sorcha and thought I'd try my luck. It's so hard to find English books here that I'm ashamed to say I haven't read Emma yet (I refuse to read it in Spanish!). And I would love to!

Have a great day,

Mari
marilavado (at) gmail.com

Brittan said...

Oh, I would love to read Emma! (sadly, I also have not read it yet, either). What a nice treat!
Have a good one!

...little owl