Saturday, January 10, 2009

Due to Sarah

YESTERDAY: I will to be more green and be a little bit more active in finding out how I can become better and look for alternatives in my lifestyle. Like now, I’ll shut the computer off and not leave it on like I always do.

GREEN POINTS
· I have a compost
· Hang dry a lot of things
· I have turned the heat off in my room because I think it will be better for my flowers, which must be a green point, right?
· I sow seeds and take cuttings instead of buying plants which are often mistreated with chemicals and shipped from faraway places.
· I do well when I shower and turn the water off when I shampoo and such instead of letting the water be on all the time.
· If there’s water left after I make tea I save it for the flowers, same thing with the tea if there’s any left. Tea is good for flowers that don’t like acid. I save coffee grinds and tealeaves too. Sometimes I just throw it on the compost but sometimes the coffee goes on the roses (it’s said to like it) or somewhere where I want to scare off slugs. Tea on the rhododendron, cover the weeds to keep them away and it keeps the plant from drying out if it's hot and dry.

No comments: