Saturday, January 10, 2009

Green meme

I was tagged ages ago by Sarah but… better late than never I guess :p

1. Name two motivations for being green?

Um… just for the sake of everyone living in it? Isn’t that enough?

2. Name two eco-UNfriendly items you refuse to give up?

I guess I use a few too many towels when I take a shower which causes extra laundry.

My fabric softener perhaps…

3. Are you at peace with or do you feel guilty about number two?

I feel guilty about A LOT of things, not just the fabric softener. I feel I could try harder, read labels and look for alternatives but I’s so lazy.

4. What are you willing to change but feel unable to/stuck with/unsure how to go about it?

Hm… haven’t given it that much thought to be honest.

5. Do you know your carbon footprint for your home? If so, is it larger/smaller than your national average?

No clue what mine is… I think it’s average.

6. What's eco-frustrating and/or eco-fantastic about where you live?

Eco-frustrating: Lack of information, I would like to know more about my options and how to stay green, or at least to live life a little more green but I don’t see much of that.

Eco-fantastic: Um… ?

7. Do you eat local/organic/vegetarian/forage/grow your own?

I am vegetarian but a horrible one since I don’t like vegetables and the seasons around here are short which means you have to import all the veggies and fruits and that can’t be good. I would love to be able to grow more food but the bad summers have prevented it.

8. What do you personally find the most challenging in being green?

Time, money and knowledge. You have to read up and stay up-to-date and perhaps you have to shop at different stores and actively look for things most people are too lazy to do that. And something that really annoys me is that it cost money to be a vegetarian. You get two chickens for the same price as one of those bags of Qourn and there’s more food on a chicken than in one of those bags. (And it taste a hell of a lot better too)

9. Do you have a green confession?

I could do more, we all could… Nothing special to confess though.

10. Do you have the support of family and/or friends?

Ha! My mom is horrible!! She is one of those people that will leave the tap on and when I shut it off she will turn it right back on since she thinks I’m the most anyone person in the world when I do this. Like it’s so hard to turn the water on each time you’re going to rinse the sponge or whatever… “I was young too once and wanted to save the world…” she mutters. She also leaves the light on, I’m famous in the house to turn the light off, sometimes when people are in the room.

Oh and my friends thinks I’m annoying too. Like the time in Greece and I said that we shouldn’t buy the seashells and sponges since that is plundering the ocean. They all laughed and wanted to do it just out of spite, lucky they got smashed and forgot all about it :p

I tag Aimée because that’s all the people I know…

The Guidelines are:
1) Link to Green Meme Bloggers
2) Link back to whoever tagged you
3) Include meme number
4) Include these guidelines in your post
5) Answer questions
6) Tag 3 other green bloggers

No comments: