Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An American Haunting

A little scared as I’m about to put the disc in, keeping on light on and I’m watching it on the computer which is extra scary because you’re so close to the screen then. 87 minutes and go…

It begins with “based on a true story” so naturally that means that it is not. It’s 1817 and strange things are happening in the Bell family house in Red River Tennessee. Betsy the family’s precious daughter is suffering from violent nightmares.

It starts off as being very promising, I got scared. Angles, creepy noises, the wind through the trees and mist but it doesn’t last I’m afraid (well actually it’s a good thing since I’m off to bed). Turns cliché in the middle and by the end of the movie I’m no longer scared at all.

I like Donald and Sissy but you need more than good actors to make a good movie. The movie could not live up to my expectations, you’re better off to watch the trailer or the first 40-50 minutes of the movie.



The trailer is pretty misleading, it makes the movie look scary and I did feel it wasn’t the same story as the actual movie. The feeling I got when I watched the trailer was better than the movie and it’s not the first time I’ve been fooled by the trailer, and probably not the last.

No comments: