Monday, September 7, 2009

Saw

People have been talking about these Saw movies and they’ve made five(!) of them so I thought it was time to see what the fuss was about, and I still don’t know.

Twenty minutes in and it feels more like forty, it’s going to be a long movie. At times it looks like an old 90’s video but without music. The setup with flashbacks makes the story less scary, well it’s not scary at all, I didn’t even feel the need to pick up feet up from the floor until was tired and lay down on the sofa.

They put a lot of focus on the “scary” details to make sure no one misses them which make them less scary and like I’m being treated like an idiot.

Maybe I have seen too many movies because there were no surprises in this one. A little like “The Village” where you quickly realize that things aren’t what they seem and they will try to make as many “unexpected” turns as they can to surprised us which makes it so much easier to figure out what is going to happened next.

The whole movie makes me thing of “The Shinning” and when the black guy rushes up to the house on a scoter (if I remember correctly) only to get an axe in the back minutes after entering the house.

Best thing in the movie: Danny Glover (mainly because I watched a lot of his movies growing up so I just like to see his face)

No comments: