Sunday, February 28, 2010

Black Water

So, third movie is from Australia and it’s called Black Water, “This movie is based to true event”, that always makes me suspicious. But I guess it doesn’t have to be a lie, if a person gets killed by a crocodile (which I’m pretty sure has happened) you can base a story on that, everything is fabricated but it is based on the story were a person was killed by a crocodile. But I don’t get why? I don’t think it adds anything to the story by claiming it is based on truth; it doesn’t get scarier so why bother? Thoughts on this one anyone?

Snacks: Raisins (waiting for dinner)

Three people head off for holiday… um, why would you want to spend Christmas break with your sister and her boyfriend? Sounds really boring and third wheel to me.

I just hate scene when people are trying to get out of the water, Jaws flashbacks from when I was six I guess. I get stressed out watching it and want to yell at the screen. Don’t these people watch animal shows? I can hear Sir David Attenborough sighing, “Crocs can jump you stupid fools!”

Like with all horror movies you questions people’s actions, I’m sure I would be of no use if there was a scary crocodile in the water (unless you think crying and pissing oneself is helpful) but it looks so silly when people don’t act the way you want them to in these situations. Like in Friday the 13th when all hell breaks loose and the girl decides to make coffee… maybe that’s what you would do because you are scared senseless but it looks so stupid.

Got to take a break, dinner and my dog is expecting his dinner too and then a walk. I’m glad I didn’t watch a movie with some killer who kills people who walk their dogs; I think I’m safe from crocodiles in the snow…

What’s with movies that make you want to eat? I just want to stuff my face with something but I’m not hungry.

Not that scary but horror movies rarely are and I’m not sure I would really call this horror. Yes, it was absolutely uncomfortable to watch each time anyone was close to water but scary as a movie? No. There were some things I don’t believe are normal crocodile behavior but the crocodile isn’t really a monster, more just a crocodile.

The girl is cute, she reminds me of someone… maybe if Scarlett Johansson and Naomi Watts had a baby?

Best thing in the movie: The cute little frill-necked lizard that hurries across the road, so cute!

1 comment:

xo.sorcha.ox said...

Scary movies make you want to eat. Or, at least, that's what happens to me! I need to be doing something to ease the tension, and so I shovel food into my mouth. If I dont I end up with the worst tension headaches from having my jaw clenched shut so tight in anticipation!
~S. xo