Saturday, April 17, 2010

Franklyn

Franklyn is a very beautiful movie visually but story is thin I’m afraid but very pretty indeed and I’ll keep an eye out to see what Gerald McMorrow (cool name) will do next. I like movies that have put money on “the look” of it and they have created a certain vibe, but that basically all there is in this movie. Not enough work on the actual story. Lovely darkness in it, I think it could have been a little bit more of that.


Apparently Ewan McGregor was supposed to be in it, don’t think it would have made the movie better but perhaps I would have heard of the movie earlier.


Feels like you can show any picture from this movie without spoiling anything.


I love Eva Green, something about her, she has that cunning secretive look and I hope she gets to play Catwoman if Catwoman is to make a comeback. And she's not a bad actress either.


As I said, not that much of a story but it’s the guys first feature film so I understand but I wish there was more because it’s so pretty. If you appreciate beautiful costumes and comic vibes then you can watch this movie and read at the same time and just watch it since there’s not much of a plot.

No comments: