Friday, April 16, 2010

Rec

Name: Rec
Country: Spain
Tea: None
Snack: None
Expectations: After watching the trailer I believe this movie to be scary and I’m not sure I should watch it before I go to bed. Oh, I have to go and lock the door!



We get to follow a Spanish TV crew on the show “While you were sleeping” as they follow the firemen. Despite the fact that it’s starting out slow and slightly dull… it manage to remain interesting, how? I don’t really know, maybe because I’m a sucker for reality shows?


It does get a little chaotic at times but the acting is good so I believe it. A few cheap things but all in all it’s interesting and at the end is pretty scary, I had to turn the sound down, things seem less scary when you turn the sound down. I found the last ten fifteen minutes of this really creepy and if more of the movie had been like that I would not have managed to watch all of it, I would have been too scared. It took me awhile to finish the movie because it was disturbing at the end and I need a break or two.

Parts of the end looked like a Marilyn Manson video but I won’t show any pictures or say anything, won’t spoil it if anyone wants to see it. Of course they made an American version of the movie because God forbid those poor souls should have to watch something with… subtitles! After looking at the trailer it looks like they copied it frame by frame, a few differences in the plot and I think I’ll see it just because. The american version is called Quarentine.

No comments: