Friday, March 5, 2010

My books are here!

I don’t want to know how much money I spend on books… I think I would scare myself if I looked into it so I won’t.

What did I get?
· “Northanger Abbey” by Jane Austen: Because I don’t have it and need it for my Jane Austen reading.
· “The Bad Beginning” by Lemony Snicket (Swedish): If I remember correctly my friend Shalyn (and her auntie) like the series so I want to give it a go and the first book was on sale so…
· “Sense and Sensibility” by Jane Austen: I only have it in Swedish and I didn’t like it. I will read it in English and hope it’s better.
· “Antigone” Sofokles (Swedish): I was on sale and I have a buddy in Greece name Antigone so I just had to have it.
· “Madame de Pompadour” by Herman Lindqvist (Swedish): On sale and I like history but I don’t read enough about it so this was great. Madame de Pompadour was Louis XV mistress.
· “Bleak House” by Charles Dickens: I liked “Great Expectations” and want to read more Dickens, and I really liked the BBC series “Bleak House” and wanted to read it, I know that the ending is different in the book.
· “Our Mutual Friend” by Charles Dickens: I saw this one on TV and liked it so I want to read it. I love the Victorian era so…
· “Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Brontë: I really liked it when I read it in Swedish so I want to read the original version.
· “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Brontë (Swedish): Read it in English and I didn’t like it at all but maybe I didn’t understand as much as I thought I did? Read it in Swedish and I’ll see if I like it better or if I did understand it and still don’t like it.
· “Agnes Grey” by Anne Brontë: I liked her sister Charlottes book so I want to read something from each sister and this was cheap so why not?
· “The Tenant of Wildfell Hall” by Anne Brontë (Swedish): It was on sale.
· “Krigets Färger” by Arkadij Babtjenko: For some strange reason it seems like this book is not translated into English, it probably will be soon. It’s none fiction, Arkadij was only 18 when he was sent to war in Chechnya and this is his story. He works as a journalist now for the Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta.
· Mystery book but a mystery author: Birthday present to someone whose birthday is coming up.

2 comments:

xo.sorcha.ox said...

Nice arrivals, indeed! :) Are you reading 'Northanger Abbey' this year? I hope to start it around May. May is traditionally Austen month around here, so I always like to start her books around then... :)
~S. xo

Shelly said...

I have to read Emma first before I can read Northanger Abbey but hopefully I'll read it this year. I've heard many say Austen is for winter... maybe I'm just happy because the sun is shining but feels like good spring and summer reading at the moment :p