Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time Flies…

When I look at the stuff I wrote in the beginning… let’s just say that I’ve changed a bit (what was I thinking? No taste what so ever). When I first started out writing here it was supposed to be about tea but that doesn’t happen very often so I’ll try to do it more because tea is wonderful.

Right now I’m having the famous “Söderblandning” from the store where it all happened, “The Tea Centre of Stockholm”. I remember reading somewhere that Vernon (the creator) doesn’t like the blend himself, I find that funny, like writing a bestseller and not liking it. Anyway, my first visit at “The Tea Centre of Stockholm” and they had these super cute tins with the store on them. I had to buy them! Six different teas for 299kr which means that each tin cost almost 50kr which I would have paid just for the tin.

But it’s small things like that that makes people buy perhaps more tea than they intended (aka good for business). It can’t cost that much to make these tins and they are so cute! The store smelled of tea when I stepped inside and it was pretty dark and almost gloomy because they have this old fashion vibe going on which is one of the reasons they only accepts cash which is silly because they have plastic bags and carpets with rubber on it so… Cozy but the lack of light almost made me a little depressed. There was a candle or two lit but that was it. I don’t think some proper lights and accepting credit cards would hurt the business.

1 comment:

xo.sorcha.ox said...

So cute! Cute, cute, cute! I love it! :)
~S. xo