Saturday, October 25, 2008

Knock on wood

I’m doing okay with the short story. I couldn’t come up with anything so it’s based on a true experience and will be illustrated with pictures. I got it down and now I just have to tidy it up and get the ending done.

And knock on wood some more, I have an idea for a new story (thanks Aimée, you don't know it but you gave me the idea. It's a tricky one so I might not be able to do the plot justice and not go through with the idea but…The more I think of it the more it feels like this is way out of my league… First thing first, finish the first story, focus damn it!)

4 comments:

el Gil said...

ideas are like birds, if you want see them fly dont put them into a cage..
nice blog
see ya...
:)

Aimée Marie said...

Awwe... I gave you the idea? That is so cool! I hope it comes to fruition for you.

Anonymous said...

hi ya , how u doing ?
just started a new book called turning thirty, lets see, the book's started out witty, but you know how it becomes stale after a while..what are you reading these days, and also whats this , are you write a book ;)?

Shelly said...

Yes Aimée, you gave me an idea, not sure I’ll use it but still… if I don't use it I'll let you know beucase the idea was/is fun.

Hey, TJ. “Turning thirty”, to me that sounds scary and depressing :P
Right now I’m reading, “Pride and Prejudice”, “Hateship, friendship, courtship, loveship, marriage” by Alice Monro (a collection of short stories), “The complete shorter fiction of Virginia Woolf” and “The rules of attraction” by Bret Easton Ellis.

No book (yet) but I’m trying to write some short stories to share with friends, it’s much harder than people think.