Sunday, November 2, 2008

This weekend

Watched horror movies, but unfortunately only bad ones, but in my opinion good horror movies are hard to find and I get really scared so perhaps it’s a good idea that most of them are so lame?
First it was “The Fog” the re-make and what the… I hate when there are lose ends in movies and the whole thing about the guy cheating with that Stevie girl, what was that about? But it did look nice on that island, I like picturesque islands and I wouldn’t mind living on one someday.
Then it was “When a stranger calls”, also a re-make and come on… loads of loose ends and no real story. The house was pretty cozy though but far too much wooden panels for my taste.
“When a stranger calls” (1979) Oh my god what a piece of crap… The girls voice is irritating and the whole story is just messy and not at all scary. I understand why they changed a lot when they did the remake; I don’t understand why they called it a remake, why not just take the old story with the creepy phone calls to the babysitter and make a whole new thing? I just don’t understand the logic in horror movies. If I was that Jill chick I would take that shotgun and carry it with me at all times, and I would have all the lights on in the house at all times until the guy was caught.

Pumpkins spotted: 5 (but most of them showed up on Saturday, isn’t that like getting a Christmas tree on Christmas day?)
Trick or treaters spotted: Five (two of them on Saturday)
Trick or treaters knocking on the door: Zero
Christmas lights spotted: Five

1 comment:

Aimée Marie said...

I was supposed to watch Saw 3 and 4 but I still haven't gotten to it. I haven't seen "The Fog" but I did see the remake of "When a Stranger Calls" and I agreed with you. I call these kinds of movies, "Scare the Teenaged Girl" movies. I am not a huge fan. I didn't like "Disturbia" either.

You guys have people with their Christmas lights up already? Wow! I am putting mine up the day after Thanksgiving.