Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dreams…


Philip Burne-Jones, The Vampire (1897) Found the picture here
I have similar dreams most of the times. Chasing vampires (always in modern times), which usually backfires and I or someone I care about ends up in mortal danger. Every now and then I am a vampire but that doesn’t mean that other vampires like me, they still try to kill me. I’ve been in several wars, usually part of some kind of rebel force or underground movement, hunted by the law or some sort of conspiracy. I’m fighting battles that are doomed from the beginning, giant monsters that I can’t win over. To sum it up, “they” are always out to get me and they odds are against me.

Last night it started out with a party somewhere out in the woods (my dreams often take place in the woods), my friend Amanda was there and her friends that don’t like me, they were mean to me. This faded away and suddenly I was on the run. Someone was trying to catch me, some kind of conspiracy and I knew about it and had to be stopped. I fled with someone to the bus but when we got there “they” had killed the bus driver and we were trapped (time to get a driver’s license).

All my vampire dreams some would think I’m just one of those vampire freak, someone who watches Buffy but I’m not. Ever been into vampires and I didn’t watch Buffy. According to dreammoods.com “To dream that you are a vampire, signifies that you are sucking in the life energy of others for your own selfish benefit.” Yeah, that sounds like me… (it’s hard to use sarcasm in text) they also say about fighting vampires, “The vampires in your dream may suggest that you are feeling drained of your life energy and autonomy. In dreaming that you are fighting these vampires, is a literal depiction of your daily struggles with keeping things in order. You may be suffering from exhaustion or feeling overwhelmed in some aspect of your domestic or personal life which explains the tiredness you feel when you wake up.” Not sure you can say that vampire means this or that, I must mean different things for everyone, but this could be true.

1 comment:

xo.sorcha.ox said...

I have vampire dreams too! Usually someone I know is a vampire in my dreams. It's really quite strange. I'm yet to become a vampire myself, though (that is, in the dreams)...