Friday, July 11, 2008

Exorcist: The Beginng

Has Renny Harlin ever done a good movie? (Except for Christmas classic “Die Hard 2” but that’s not really a “good” movie, just a good old classic so it doesn’t count.) Watched “Exorcist: The Beginning” last night, just a movie with a lame scene where Isabella walks around in the dark with nothing but a towel. Is there like a rule or something that there has to be some sort of nudity in horror films?

I don’t know what makes “The Exorcist” scary but it’s one of the scariest films I have ever seen. Haven’t seen it for years and I have no plans of seeing it again. I got scared when I saw “Jaw” but I was seven so that’s understandable but “The Exorcist” still scares me. Just thinking of that late at night and I imagine my bed shaking. I’m glad this wasn’t anywhere near that because I was sitting all alone watching it with my terrace door open. The scariest thing was when my dog all of a sudden started barking and I dropped the remote in the floor and went searching for the batteries under the sofa.

No one can take Linda Blair and Max von Sydow a wonderful Fader Merrin, Stellan is fine but he’s no Max.

Apparently “The Exorcist” is based on a book… would I dare read it?
Movies left: 98
Days left: 995 (I suck at keeping track of things, I hope it's right...)

No comments: