Sunday, July 13, 2008

Reading right now

"The Bad Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want" Maybe it’s the translation but at times it feels like this book is for kids and then there “advice” about sleeping around so maybe not. Feels like a book that could really mess a little girl up if she believed in it, there were plenty of times I thought, “Okay, that seems like a good way to get a reputation and/or get beaten up”. I’ll try not to buy stupid books in the future…

Trying to read Jane Austens “Sense and sensibility” right now but it is taking me forever, I have to re-read a sentence every now and then to make sure I got it right. Don’t like to read books in that weird old Swedish and I’m not a big fan of either Marianne or Elinor, I don’t think we would have been friends if I met them, I wouldn’t have been posh enough. Maybe I should get "Jane Austen for dummies" and maybe then I will enjoy it more?

1 comment:

xo.sorcha.ox said...

I am (re)reading Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen at the moment too! I just finished reading Emma for the second time on Friday night, and so started S&S on Saturday evening. I love Austen's novels. Perhaps it would be easier if you read the English version? The prose is one of my favourite things about her novels.