Monday, July 21, 2008

It’s not even August yet but it feels like autumn…

Where is the summer at? This happened last year too, no summer… It’s not all that warm, not cold either but no summer heat and there’s something with the light that makes it feel like fall. I have to stack up on books and movies, and yarn and new recipes so I have things to do this fall.
Even though I usually get low when it’s fall, leaving yet another disappointing summer behind me and it’s starts to rain, the winds picks up and before you know it the sunsets at noon I think it’s my favorite time of the year. The colorful leaves, feeling cold and miserable and sit down and watch television with tea and apple-pie with a cozy blanket and slippers on. I like it when the wet leaves are caught in the wind and slapping your face, why? I don’t know… Guess because it’s okay to be gloomy that time of year, no one is questioning you if you are upset and/or down because most people are at that time.

I was just out with my dog, it looked like rain so I got my rubber boots on (even though there’s a hole in them but they are better than sneakers) but skipped the raincoat. It was probably just a small shower and it gets so warm with that thing on. I hadn’t gone far when it started to rain, a faint thunder behind me and my dog being stubborn decided what way to go, to the highest point. It was pouring down now, we were both soaked and the thunder right above us. It sounded like a whole mountain crumbling down and my dog doesn’t like that so we headed back and I was a little scared because we were so high up. We were walking and lighting cut our path, it was right in front of us, hissing and spitting and making all kind of noises, it was like stepping into a Poe story.

The rain beating down on us and rooftops, lovely sound, sure I was wet but it was warm. Have a feeling this fall is going to be a wet one so I need new rubber boots, a new raincoat and a cute umbrella (a black one like in my story).


(Nice picture from Wikipedia article about lightning)

No comments: