Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Imaginary Tea Party…

If you had a tea party for five and could invite whoever you want, dead or alive, fictional or real life person who would it be? I’m think Sherlock Holmes and the lovely Ms Marple, I’m sure they would get along and it would probably be fun to listen in on their conversation. I guess Dr Watson could come along as well but then there are two empty seats left. I would invite Fred and George Weasley but I don’t think they would like that sort of thing, sitting still, talking and having tea isn’t their style. Maybe I’m in some sort of crime fighting mood because Poirot seems like a delight to have at a tea party. Last seat at the table… Indiana Jones wouldn’t like it, neither would James Bond. Oh, I think I’ll invite Sir Ian McKellen, or Vincent Price… Hm, I think I’ll go with Ian, he seems more easy going than Vincent.

Interesting, all my guests but one is fictional, what does that say about me?

Only problem is, all of these people seem very smart, well-spoken and have interesting ideas about all sorts of things and then there in the middle, me!?

Geraldine McEwan as Ms Jane Marple

The fabulous Peter Cushing as Sherlock Holmes and Nigel Stock as Dr Watson

David Suchet as Hercule Poirot

Ian Mckellen

1 comment:

Kate Mc said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment on my blog.
As for the 100-day novel, you can TOTALLY do it. I have a friend who wrote a short novel in 3 days (that's right, 72 hours) and nearly won a national competition for it (she came in 2nd).
And you're right. The tea party seems to have mostly died. Kind of sad really, since I do like to talk to friends over a cup of tea.